A classic flavour that nearly everyone knows of. Slightly sticky, sweet and salty from the honey and soy. These wings are my go to dish when I want something quick and easy. This dish is not only quick and easy to make but also extremely cheap! This recipe serves 4 people (if eaten with rice and veggies) and costs just over $6 for the protein!
It is highly recommended that you spend 5-minutes the night before cooking, to marinade the chicken overnight for the flavours to infuse into the meat. The next day, all you need to do is pop it into the oven and glaze a few times and it’s done!
Serve with a bowl of rice and veggies for a complete meal!
Prep Time: 5-min; Marinade Time: Overnight; Cook Time: 35-min
- 950g chicken wings (16 wings)
- 2½ tbsp light soy
- 2½ tbsp honey
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch pepper
- 1 tsp light soy
- 1 tsp honey
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl and marinade chicken wings overnight in a bag1 and lay on a plate
- The next morning, flip the bag over to coat the other side of the wings
- Take wings out of the bag and lay it on baking dish in one layer, shaking off excess marinade. Pour leftover marinade into a bowl and add the soy and honey. Set aside to use as a glaze
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Roast for 10 minutes, then take out of the oven and glaze the wings with reserved marinade. Roast for another 10 minutes
- Take out of the oven, flip the wings and glaze the other side with marinade and roast for 10 minutes
- Take out of oven, glaze again and roast for another 5-6minutes or until golden
- I always marinade my meats in a bag and lay it flat on a plate because it makes it so much easier when I need to flip my meat in the sauce to let the other side marinade. All i need to do is flip the whole bag rather than flipping each piece of meat individually!